North Texas Soccer’s Player Safety Policy was recently updated to reflect changes to US Soccer’s SafeSport framework and USSF Policy 212-3. These changes are required by the US Center for SafeSport and become effective on January 1, 2022. Further, please note that these required changes apply to all US Soccer members (i.e. including USYS, US Club Soccer, SAY, and AYSO).
On February 14th, 2018, the President signed the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017 which is aimed at protecting amateur athletes* from sexual abuse.
The Law has a three-pronged approach:
- Any adult interacting with amateur athletes in the program has a duty to report abuse and or suspected abuse.
- The statute of limitations is extended for up to 10 years after a victim realizes he or she was abused.
- Limits an athlete under the age of 18 from being alone with an adult who is not their parent.
*What is an amateur athlete? Any child or minor under the age of 18. Legislation is available for download (click here).
This page provides information for each of the required categories:
- All Amateur Organization Members coaches must complete the Center's "SafeSport Trained" Core Training and refresher course(s) on an annual basis.
- All Amateur Organization Member board members and employees must complete the Center’s “SafeSport Trained” Core training.
- All Amateur Organization Members 18-year-old and older players, on a team with minors (17 years of age or younger), to complete the "SafeSport Trained" Core training on an annual basis.
- All Amateur Organization Members with minor athletes must offer the Center for SafeSport’s Parent Training on an annual basis.
General Course Access Information
The following instructions can be used for coaches, adults, and/or board members taking the training.
Please ensure you have a GotSport user account in your name.
- Login to your GotSport account.
- Click on the person icon on the top right of the page.
- Click on Profile
- You should open on the Dashboard tab
- For SafeSport, click on More Details
- Current users click on Access SafeSport and log in to your account.
- New users will click on Start Course and will need to create an account. Please be sure and use the same name and email address used in GotSport.
- You will access Menu/Catalog/SafeSport Trained – U.S. Soccer Federation to complete the course.
- Check Records or Upload certificate in GotSport (see instrcution below, step 10)
- Click here to review detailed instructions for Adults.