NTSSA Adult Criminal Background Checks
(All background checks expire at midnight on May 31)
NTSSA Rule 3.6.1, sets the following deadline regarding adult volunteers:
- Every person over the age of seventeen (17), who at any time could be expected in the performance of their duties to be alone with any registered youth player, must in the manner prescribed by current NTSSA procedures, annually provide the necessary information required by NTSSA so that a Criminal Background Check may be obtained. By their participation, Adult Volunteers agree and consent to having Criminal Background Checks performed as deemed necessary by NTSSA.
- For purposes of this procedure, at a minimum, all coaches, assistant coaches, managers, trainers, referees, volunteer administrators, board members, and staff/employees are included. Others may be included if they may be alone with registered youth players.
NTSSA SafeSport Certification
(All Safe Sport certifications expire at midnight on May 31)
On February 14, 2018 the President signed the Protecting Young Victims from Sexual Abuse and Safe Sport Authorization Act of 2017, which is aimed at protecting amateur athletes from sexual abuse.
Every person age eighteen (18) and above who at any time could be expected in the performance of their duties be around any registered youth player, must complete the SafeSport Certification. This is mandatory to be placed on a youth roster as a coach, assistant coach, manager, or trainer. If a player on a youth team turns 18 during the current soccer year, they do not have to complete Safe Sport during that current soccer year. Also, any board member of an Adult Member Association is required to have SafeSport Certification.
- Affiliation Fee – Due Date Wednesday, July 1, 2022
Affiliation Fee Form - $25.00 (form can also be found under the Membership Services tab on our website)
NTSSA Rule 18.104.22.168, set the following deadline for submission of Dues of Members:
“All current dues, fees and assessments due this Association must be paid. Dues of Members are payable July 1 of each year and become delinquent on the date of the Annual Meeting in July.”
We have combined the Member Association Directory with the Affiliation form so they are submitted together. Users need to have a title within their Role to your association. If the person does not show in the dropdown menu when filling out this form, it means they either:
- Do not have a GotSport account linked to your Member Association
- Do not have a title attached to their GotSport account linked to your Organization
- Member Association Rules and Bylaws – Due Date Tuesday, September 1, 2022
Please upload your Member Association Bylaws and Playing Rule here
NTSSA Rule 22.214.171.124, sets the following deadline regarding distribution and collection of the Local Association Rules and Bylaws:
- Each Member Association shall, by September 1 of each year, send to the State Office of the Association one copy of their rules, regulations and bylaws, either in hard copy or electronically, for review and validation by the NTSSA Rules Committee. Member Associations must be in compliance with their own rules, regulations, and bylaws.
- Fall & Spring NTSSA registration invoices and player registration fees - Due Date – Fall Season - October 15; Spring Season - April 15 (items will be due on the Monday following if the due date falls on a Saturday or Sunday)
Recreational $14.50 | Competitive $18.50 | Coach/Manager $5.00 | Adult $22.00
Pursuant to NTSSA rule 126.96.36.199
4. All Member Associations must submit their current season’s NTSSA registration data and player registration fees to the Association by the following dates: for the Fall playing season, October 15; and for the Spring playing season, April 15. Failure to meet these deadlines for submitting NTSSA registration data and player registration fees will result in the Association imposing a late registration fee of up to $100.00 per week, unless prior arrangements have been made with the appropriate NTSSA Commissioner.
- Financial Data Sheet – Due Date Monday, October 17, 2022
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org (contact Heather by Monday, October 10, 2022 if you will need and extension)
This is for associations wishing to file under North Texas Soccer’s group tax return.