1. I don’t see a clinic in my area, what should I do?
- We begin scheduling clinics in early July; clinics will be held during the months of July – November. We will continue to add clinics to our schedule through the end of August. Most big cities in the DFW area (Arlington, Plano, Frisco, Lewisville, Denton, Keller and many others) will host a clinic. There will be approximately 60 clinics offered. If you want to be a referee – sign up. If you do not see a clinic that will be held in your area, you may check the list of scheduled clinics again in a few days to see if new clinics have been scheduled.
2. What happens if you can no longer attend the in-person clinic?
- Not to worry, things happen. You must notify us via email prior to the day of the clinic that you cannot attend. We charge a $5.00 fee, payable by credit card only, to transfer from one clinic into another clinic. In the event that you need to change your in-person clinic, send an email to North Texas Soccer at email@example.com . In that email, please include your name as it appears in your profile in OMS, the name, date, and time of the clinic you are registered to attend, and the name, date, and time of the clinic you would like to transfer into. In addition, include your phone number in the email; we will call you to obtain credit card information.
3. What happens if I get locked out of the lessons?
- You must complete the online lessons in order. Both OMS and the USSLC are sensitive to browser history and cookies. If you are unable to access the lessons in OMS, please sign out of OMS, clear all browser history and cookies, then close your browser. Open a new browser page and sign into OMS to continue the lessons. If this process does not work, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. What happens if I have completed all of the online lessons but OMS does not recognize the completions?
- This happens for one of several reasons:
- You did not complete the required Intro to Safety lesson and/or the SafeSport lesson in the USSLC. Review the status of the lessons in the USSLC to ensure that both lessons have been completed.
- Your profiles in the USSLC and in OMS do not include exactly the same information. Review your personal information in both profiles and update where needed to ensure the same information is included in both profiles.
- You set up more than one profile in the USSLC and completed the lessons in the profile that is not linked to your profile in OMS. Send an email to email@example.com to explain the situation; we will assist.
5. What happens if I have issues with U.S. Soccer’s Learning Center (USSLC)?
- If you create a profile in the USSLC that includes profile information that is different than the information in your profile in OMS, you will get locked out. Enter the same information in both profiles to avoid this.
6. I have read the directions and I still am having issues, who can I contact?
7. Are you sure you can’t add one more seat into a clinic?
- Once a clinic is full, it’s full. Most clinics have limits of 30 students. The best way to ensure getting a clinic that is best for you or your child is to complete the online lessons and exam as soon as possible.
8. Failure to show up at the clinic, what will happen?
- If you fail to show up for the in-person clinic without providing advance notice as detailed in #2 above then you will not receive a refund of the clinic fee. You will be able to attend another clinic once you pay to attend another clinic. The reason for this policy is that clinics in the DFW metroplex fill up. We have a limit on seats per clinic. We do not want any empty seats.
9. How do I know that I am certified?
- At the end of the in-person clinic, you will receive your 2024 badge. This badge will allow you to officiate during the 2023 Fall season and the entire 2024 calendar year.
10. When will I get game assignments? Who will work for?
- AWESOME questions! The instructor in charge of your in-person clinic will share this information with you.
11. Where do I get my uniform?
- All information regarding uniforms will be shared with you by the Instructor in charge of your in-person clinic.