4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11 Grassroots Blended Format Courses
(Virtual 2-hour class plus 2-hour in-person field component)
Free to North Texas Soccer members and $70 for non-members.
The Grassroots Blended Courses are four hours long and build on the principles covered in U.S. Soccer’s Introduction to Grassroots Coaching Module. Specifically, coaches will learn more about U.S. Soccer’s Grassroots Coaching Education Philosophy, Play-Practice-Play Methodology, the Six Tasks of a Coach, and the characteristics of players.
· The 4v4 course will focus on coaching players 6-8 years old.
· The 7v7 course will focus on coaching players 9-10 years old.
· The 9v9 course will focus on coaching players 11-12 years old.
· The 11v11 course will focus on coaching players 13+ years old.
The courses will also ask each coach to reflect on their experiences to develop action steps for personal growth in the Six Tasks (Coaching Games, Coaching Training Sessions, Leading the Team, Leading the Player, Managing the Performance Environment, and Leadership).
Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to a web camera/live video capability. Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn.
To qualify for the Grassroots Blended Courses candidates:
- must be at least 16 years old*,
- must create a coach’s profile in the Learning Center on the US Soccer website,
- have completed U.S. Soccer’s Introduction to Grassroots Coaching module.
*Due to online privacy laws, individuals under the age of 16 cannot create Learning Center (LC) profiles, and thus are unable to take Grassroots Courses.
Please contact Coaching Education with any questions.
The 4v4, 7v7, 9v9, and 11v11 Grassroots courses are the only ones being currently offered by North Texas Soccer. The courses are delivered in the Blended format only. The Blended format means a 2-hour virtual class followed by a 2-hour in-person field session.
The following requirements must be met by Member Associations/Clubs who wish to host courses:
- The host club must provide the virtual class platform for the course (Zoom, or GoToMeeting or Microsoft Team, or any other similar platform) and be the ‘host’ for the course. If the host club does not have a virtual class platform software, the course Instructor will use his/her software.
- The host club must provide an age-appropriate field for the 2-hour field session.
- The host club does NOT have to provide players for the field session. we will use the candidates as players in the field session.
- The host club should choose a course level and a weekend or weeknights you wish to host and contact Coaching Education.
- We will assign an instructor and ask him/her to contact you to set the exact date and time for the 2-hour virtual class and the exact date, time, and location for the 2-hour field session. The field session can be on a different day from the virtual class but no more than one week apart.
- To protect confidential material from unauthorized individuals, the host club must:
- Send invitations to candidates to join the virtual class session.
- Create a password for the candidates to use to join the virtual class.
- Use a unique meeting ID number for the virtual class.
- Only the host or instructor can share a screen.
- Provide notice of intent to record the meeting.
- Have ejecting capabilities in case the host needs to deny access to anyone not part of the course.
- Have Mute capability.
- Make sure the security software is undated.
- Make sure the virtual meeting software is also up to date with any security bugs fixed.
- Host club must provide prior to the course a written confirmation (by email) that they are able to meet the requirements listed above.