Minors International Clearance Process
Any player under the age of 18 who is not eligible to use the Entry Prior to Age 10 clearance process must be cleared using one of the clearance processes detailed below.
FIFA's Regulations state that international transfers of players are only permitted if the player is age 18 or older. However, there are three exceptions to the rule:
- The player’s parents move to the country in which the new club is located for reasons not related to soccer.
- The transfer takes place within the territory of the European Union.
- The player lives outside the country, but no further than 50 km from a national border. In addition, the club with which the player wishes to be registered in the neighboring association must also be within 50 km of that border.
U.S. Soccer can use exceptions No. 1 and No. 3, as the second exception deals only with players in Europe. Please note that these are the only exceptions that can be used to process an international transfer for a minor. U.S. Soccer is not permitted to proceed with a clearance request for a player that does not fit one of these two categories.
In order to be cleared under the first exception:
- If the player has never registered to play soccer at any level outside the U.S., use the Non-U.S. Citizen First Registration Form. Submit the completed form and all of the documentation detailed on the instructions pages in the PDF to the State Association.
- If the player has registered to play soccer at any level outside of the U.S., use the ITC Request Form. Submit the completed form and all of the documentation detailed on the instructions pages in the PDF to the State Association.
Questions? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit completed application and required documentation to North Texas Soccer using one of the following methods:
EMAIL (Preferred) Scan documents into one multi-paged PDF and email the PDF to email@example.com
FAX 214-297-5030 ATTN: International Clearance (Include your name and email address on the fax cover sheet
Once the player has been cleared, North Texas Soccer will send a confirmation email to you.)
MAIL North Texas Soccer
ATTN: International Clearance
3803 Parkwood Blvd Ste 200
Frisco TX 75034